Skip to main content
Red wine Poached Pear
Rob Gentile’s poached pears are a gourmet dessert infused with the warmth of winter’s most inviting flavours.
- 1L (34 oz)Red Wine
- 1 cupSugar
- 4 pcStar anise
- 8 pcCinnamon sticks
- 2 pcVanilla Bean (split)
- 16 pcFarelle Pears (peeled)
- Add all the ingredients to a large pot except for the pears and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling add in pears and reduce heat to minimum. Ensure pears are just completely covered in the liquid.
- Poach pears until soft about 1h 15 min.
- Set aside to cool at room temperature.
- Refrigerate over night for best flavour results.
- Serve warm with Mascarpone Zabaglione.
- 3 cupsMascarpone (Full Fat)
- ½ cupIcing Sugar
- 6whole eggs
- 4egg yolk
- 1 cupCastor Sugar
- Combine eggs and sugars in a stand mixer outfitted with a whisk attachment. Whip until a hard ribbon stage is achieved.
- Remove 3/4 of the sabayon from the bowl and reserve.
- Add mascarpone to the stand mixing bowl and whisk until smooth and fluffy.
- Fold remaining sabayon into mascarpone.
- Reserve in refrigerator until needed.
a good time and a safe time
One and the sameLearn How