special occasion


If you are hosting your event at a location you’ve rented and it doesn’t have a liquor sales licence or you choose not to have your event take place under their licence, you need to apply for a Special Occasion Permit (SOP).

SOPs are for the sale and service of beverage alcohol at special occasions such as weddings, charity fundraisers, receptions, etc. SOPs are issued online via the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario website.

Special Occasion Permits